 General / 31235
Re: !!!Letter from The Lego Co.!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:46:37 GMT

Oh, well that just answered -ALL- my questions.
Thanx for burstin’ my bubble pal!     ;)

   I guess that financial plan I just drafted is moot.

         Back to my bricks.
           In the fantasy world of Lego Castle.
                   At least they never let me down…

      Sometimes reality just isn’t as fun,

                                            --==Richard==--

In lugnet.general, Paul Sinasohn writes:
In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:

<<Lots of stuff about a letter>>

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obvious neither of you has ever had a career in corporate accounting or
finance!  :-)

Here's what happened:

Lego has brought their PURCHASING department - the people who buy office
supplies and raw plastic and cardboard and stuff -- into the 20th century.

They are interfacing their accounts payable system (their bills) with their
purchase order system (the system that tracks stuff they want)

Richard, you are owed some money, apparently (at least you think you are) and
Lego has you in their system as someone they have made a payment to or are
about to pay. Lindsay got it right - someone typed a 2 instaead of a 3 - you
should not be in their vendor file, you should be in their customer file.

Don't try to become a supplier, you won't get samples - Lego would expect you
to sell stuff TO them.

Richard, just return the letter you got with a note explaining that you are a
customer who is owed a refund and are not a vendor of supplies.

Paul Sinasohn, who has interfaced more accounting and finance systems than he
wants to think about.

LUGNET #115