 General / 31234
Re: !!!Letter from The Lego Co.!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:07:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
[freeeeky letter snipped]

And where do they want me to return the letter to?
There’s no return address…except;        LEGO Systems A/S
                                          DK-7190 Billund
                                               Denmark
You’ve gotta be kidin’!

That's really, really, really weird.  I've never even heard
of a letter like that going out.  Someone must have typed a
2 when they meant a 3, somewhere, somehow...

What do you mean “Someone must have typed a 2 when they meant a 3?”

In conclusion, I opened the letter (just like any other letter from Lego)
expecting to receive a cheque from Lego because of a ‘back-order canceled’
notice for one of the items I wanted. And then I get this letter!

It may have happened if you paid by cheque before you got
the items.  Most consumers don't pay by cheque.  Their system
may simply have wibbled at it.  (I'm assuming that's how
you paid, given that you were expecting a refund?)

Exactly, I always make cheques out to Lego

P.S. would there be any advantage in pretending to be a retail distributor?
Would I receive inside product info? (Like advance copies of Harry Potter?)
I could pull it off. Create a bogus business open up a few mock bank
accounts…       ;)

Actually, if we made an AFOL buying conglomerate, couldn't
we make a case for being a company where the distributor =
retailer = consumers?

O.k. WoW, you think B.I.G. Lindsay!
That’s a really good idea!
I'll call it “AFOL Conglomerate Ltd.”
You wanna be a partner in our Corporation?
(This is an actual possibility, I have large storeroom that could easily
hold the inventory, and all we’d need is a web page to advertise. Perhaps we
could work directly with Todd and Suz, and sell from Lugnet. Of course,
they’d become associate partners. I could do most of the Legal work and
Networking wouldn’t be a problem because we already know almost all the
facets of the Lego world!)

The only downside is that it would
then eliminate the support AFOLs provide for the retail supply
chain *and* the added margin we give to S@H.

Eliminatin’ the middle-man isn’t that bad!
Toy ‘R’ Us already makes enough money.

Lindsay
Xpost -> .market.theory, because it's an interesting question

Thanks for replying, I didn’t know if anyone would reply!
I though most people would just look at the post and say “weird” and walk away.
Mayhap there’s another AFOL whose a retail owner of a small Toy store that
can confirm this official letter I've received!

                         Still wonderin’,

                                        --==Richard==--

P.S. can we refrain from using the word ‘weird!’ cause it’s creepin’ me out…