 Marketplace / Theory / 1943
Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:18:53 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
4. you can sell half as much at twice the price and make the sames revenue -
but it doesnt keep those expensive factories employed

That depends on the profit margin.  If you sell half as much at twice the
price, and your profit margin is 50%, then you make the same revenue but
three times the profit.  If your profit margin is 25%, then you make five
times the profit.  (Somebody double-check my math.)

--Todd