 Marketplace / Theory / 1699
Re: How *not* to use Buy It Now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Eric Joslin writes:

I didn't say it was perfect, or how I would do it if I was trying the same
thing... just that it's not *as* stupid as it might first appear- which is
plenty dumb, if you're trying to get bids.

fair enough!

I *am* interested in ways to effectively use Buy it Now (although don't want
to get TOO carried away until we know if it's a keeper feature or not)

Well, here is one that worked for the buyer.  Sure wish I had seen it and I
were that buyer...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=506318617

{What is not initially shown is that the item bidding was to start at
$14.99. This can be seen only on a lego* dacta* search  list and the bid
history.)

sheree