 Marketplace / Theory / 1697
Re: How *not* to use Buy It Now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:33:38 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:

It would be a good way to just put something up for sale on eBay.

eBay reaches a wider audience than, say, a garage sale or classified ad.

True, true.

But riddle me this, Batman,

Oh dear sweet god, please don't put on Frank Gorshin's costume.

why not set the min bid to 200, the buy it now
to 225 and the auction time frame to 1 day.

I didn't say it was perfect, or how I would do it if I was trying the same
thing... just that it's not *as* stupid as it might first appear- which is
plenty dumb, if you're trying to get bids.

Of course, I don't think in your example above I'd set the timeframe to one
day- then you'd have to re-list it every day that it didn't sell.  Better to do
two or three days at a whack, I'd think.

eric