 Marketplace / Theory / 1408
Re: Minifig packs - page updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 23:13:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:

Pictures and details at:

http://www.geocities.com/jondhayward/LegoMinifigPacks.html

Thanks,  Jon.

I'm not sure if this is really significant, but I noticed that:

  a. Only one of the "City Heros" is female,
  b. They made her a crossing guard,  and
  c. She appears to be identical to the "Town Folks" cop,  except
     that her face is hidden by an opaque visor.

Conspiracy theories,  anyone?  ;-)

Isn't "crossing guard" a bit of a harsh judgement in this case? Are female
crossing guards normaly dressed in leather biking gear? To me she looks more
like the kind of cop that makes you pull over for an alcohol control.
In the same spirit, there's only 1 female amongst in the rock raiders, in the
#3 pack. Not a very healty ratio for their long term survival.

One thing you have to remember is that most of TLC's customers are boys age 5-
12. Therefore they try to make the sets out to please them. When you are a kid
you make believe that this minifig is "me" and pretend that you are doing
cerain things in the LEGO town, space, castle etc. (at least thats what I
did)  :) If the vast majority of people who buy LEGO are male it makes no
sense for TLC to make a 50:50 ratio of male/female. I personally would love to
see more female figs, but we have to keep in mind that TLC caters more to
children than to us.

-Rich
Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com