 General / 18890
Re: Minifig packs - page updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:39:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ran Talbott writes:
In lugnet.general, Jon D. Hayward writes:

Pictures and details at:

http://www.geocities.com/jondhayward/LegoMinifigPacks.html

Thanks,  Jon.

I'm not sure if this is really significant, but I noticed that:

  a. Only one of the "City Heros" is female,
  b. They made her a crossing guard,  and
  c. She appears to be identical to the "Town Folks" cop,  except
     that her face is hidden by an opaque visor.

Conspiracy theories,  anyone?  ;-)

Isn't "crossing guard" a bit of a harsh judgement in this case? Are female
crossing guards normaly dressed in leather biking gear? To me she looks more
like the kind of cop that makes you pull over for an alcohol control.
In the same spirit, there's only 1 female amongst in the rock raiders, in the
#3 pack. Not a very healty ratio for their long term survival.
Another thing I've noticed are the very happy expressions on the faces of the
city heros #2 guys. Anyone already considered to dress them up like the 70th
group "The Village People"? We have hard-hats, indian gear and police and navy
uniforms, don't we?

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.