 Marketplace / Theory / 1292
Re: High Starting Price, or High Reserve - Which is Best? (was Re: Bulk Listings On Ebay)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:52:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Frank Filz schreef:

Were you selling these one set per lot? If so, it wouldn't surprise me
that you wouldn't get many bids. I tend to ignore auctions for a single
small set, or any auction which my expected value is under $10 or so
(unless the seller is someone I buy enough from that I can be reasonably
certain I'll get multiple items to make the shipping worthwhile).
Indicating that you will ship First Class mail within the US can reduce
the minimum value. I'm just not going to be willing to pay $3.20-$5
shipping on top of a several dollar bid for something I value at $5 or
so. If I think it's worth $5, I might put in a bid of $1 or $2.

Usually I sold them per theme (3 town, 3 fright knights etc) , and usually
it worked out very well... Indeed, postage is usually just as expensive as
the entire lot. I currently have one auction with all 10 mini's, but it's
not doing great either (10 sets at $10.50 at the moment, 1 day to go)

Weird thing is, when I posted to lugnet (b-s-t) nobody replied, but at eBay
most lots went for over 2* the price I asked on lugnet and I never so far
had somebody win 2 lots, so they all had huge shipping costs too. Like said
before, from a sellers point of view eBay is great :-)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com