 Marketplace / Theory / 1287
Re: Bulk Listings On Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:52:38 GMT

I'll be so bold as to assume that you were referring to the batch of my
auctions that ended on the 12th, based solely on the date and number of
auctions that I had closing at the same time.
And it is my belief that doing it this way actually aids those people
looking to save money on shipping, as they can see when browsing that I
usually have a large selection of pieces all ending at the same time.

I saw these auctions when they ran, and even though I wanted
some of the pieces I didn't bid because of the ending time.

Oftentimes I don't know what I'll bid on beforehand.  If I win one
auction, I may want another set of pieces from another auction to
compliment it.  In those cases I won't bid on the second item until
I know that I won the auction for the first item.

Things also depend on the ending price.  If I won an auction for
less than I expected, then I might go ahead and bid on something
that I would have normally ignored.

Finally, there's the issue of shipping.  Even if you're not a
sniper, you may still want to increase your bid at the end of the
auction (just like a real auction -- everyone doesn't drop a bid
into a hat beforehand and hope that theirs is highest).  I'm
not going to bid on items that will cost me more to ship than
the items themselves unless I can ensure that I win enough auctions
to make it worthwhile.  In many cases bidding an extra $2.00 to
win an item is still cheaper because shipping costs were defrayed
by another auction.

Can't "Mister Lister" put a one minute delay between auctions?
Otherwise I'll just keep ignoring them...

Chris (who hopefully made sense but isn't feeling particularly
       lucid tonight).

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.