 Marketplace / Theory / 1288
Re: Bulk Listings On Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:59:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, John Hadd writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Peter White writes:
As a sniper from a far-off land, who needs to snipe to get enough items to
justify the freight, bulk items are difficult to keep track of.
But there are bulk auctions with lots of items of interest and bulk auctions
without much of interest.
Remember snipers get sniped as well.
For the tortoises put in your maximum bid and hope for the best,not just your
maximum minimum bid.
-pete.w

Pete, This is my conclusion also, It's hard to keep track of the large bulk
uploads,especially if one wants to get some combined shipping. As I win more
lots I tend to bid more to get the deal on shipping, but with 84 auctions all
ending in 2 minutes,it's impossible to really know where you stand. I know I
can get sniped, but if there is at least a minute between auctions I have time
to react. John

John,
Recently I bid on half a dozen items and threw one in just as an add on, guess
what,I only won the add on. So I then had to throw in some bids on the second
batch to try and make it worthwhile.
More staggered auctions means the more I buy and like you said you know where
you stand.
-pete.w