 Marketplace / Theory / 1280
Re: Bulk Listings On Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 03:50:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.theory, John Hadd writes:
Has anybody noticed that the sellers who use the bulk upload seem to get lower
prices on their auctions? As a sniper, I find it impossible to bid on 25, • 50,or
100 auctions all ending within a minute or two. One set of auctions just ended
tonight had many giveaway prices and the one I watched last night seemed to
realize very low prices on many items. Why anyone would use the bulk upload on
many items doen't make sense to me. I would maybe load them 10 at a time or
something, but a big bunch seems to drive away bidders. IMHO

From a non-sniper bidder standpoint, I like these kinds of auctions.  If I know
I'm not going to be near my computer when the auction ends, I'm more likely to
bid on this type of auction.  Reason being I know that one person can't snipe
all the auctions, so the odds that my bid will win are increased.

-jeff