 Marketplace / Theory / 1167
Re: anything wrong with this auction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:07:34 GMT

Those fees seem outrageous too
$10 banking fee is actually rather on the cheap side.

but I can't possibly see the shipping costing that much by air.
Surface postage for upto 2kg is ~$8.
Premium airmail postage is
250- 500g $11
   - 750g $13
   -1000g $15
   -1500g $19
   -2000g $23
as a "small parcel under 2kg". As a proper parcel there's "surface", "economy
air" and "premium air", which are more expensive than the former option,
although is would include insurance.

I wonder how the seller came to those figures...
I don't know what that set would weigh - if Lawrence told us we could look it
up it in the above table. Maybe the seller is not aware of the "premium airmail
small parcel" option and quoted the regular parcel postage?

Best regards,
Torsten