 Marketplace / Shopping / 901
Re: KBKids.com and Outback Airstrip Fun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:43:13 GMT

I received my order yesterday.  Everything was in order.  A couple comments....

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ben Roller writes:
Well, I got my Outback Airstrip from KBKids.com today.  No, wait,
that's not a...what the heck, "DRIP-IT Handy Funnel"?

The Package:

Mine was packaged poorly.  The top six inches of the box were empty.  The top
of the box had been crushed and the tape had torn.  I could clearly see inside
that there was Lego.

<snip>

The KBKids.com conversation:
First, the KB rep. said that my order didn't go through
because my CC was declined on 10/6.  I was using the $10.00 cupon, so
apparently the total of $4.31 broke my checking account...don't think
so. On a side note,  I just called my bank and was informed that in
fact my card was not declined around that time (no charges at all).
So anyway, the rep. tried to reorder the set to see if it worked this
time, but I told her about the shortage as she looked to see that in
fact they have a negative inventory of the Outback Airstrips.  So, if
you have one, I think you're supposed to send it in. :)

They were out of Outback Airstrips before I ordered mine.  You might try the
trick I used.  Call them back and try and order an Outback Astrip.  It seems
that they have two inventory entries for this set. ;-)

She said that
my $10 off can be redeemed at any KB toystore just by having them call
KBKids. (cool, now to go see if they have any airstrips!)

Where did you get this coupon?  Is it one of the internet discounts or a real
piece of paper?  The KB Toys around here don't sell Lego, but there is a KB
Toyworks that I could use it at.

The Improvements conversation:
Just for kicks, I called the number on the invoice.  Boy was
that a fun conversation.  I started by saying very cheerfully, "Hi.
Today I received an order from your company, but there is just a
slight problem.  I didn't place an order and in fact have never even
heard of your company."  She took the order number, my name, etc. and
when she got to my address, she laughed and said "that was supposed to
go to Texas!".  The invoice said Georgia, but hey, close enough (she'd
misunderstood a digit when I read off the number, so that was just a
fun mistake).  They're sending me a UPS label so that I can send it
back to them and not have any more trouble...gee thanks.

So what I want to know:
1.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that if a
company sends you product that you didn't ask for, you don't have to
pay for it and are allowed to keep it?

That seems like such an obviously pro-consumer anti-business idea that I'm sure
our government has never approved it. :-)  Seriously, I wouldn't pay to ship it
back to them, but if they are paying for shipping I think you need to send it
back.

Does that count for shipping
mistakes when you're not on the invoice but on the package?  Does it
count for UPS?   Do I HAVE to send it back to Improvements or can I
just keep it.  Heck, I don't want it, but it seemed like something my
mom might like and I'll see her in 3 days.

2.  Did anyone else get the wrong thing from KBKids?  My
roommate got the wrong Lego set (lucky boy) and they told him to keep
it while they send the right one.  Someone already said that they got
some Star Trek dolls.  Anyone else?

Everything arrived.  The big inventory tags said "Outback Astrip" on them as
expected.

I hope you do get the sets you desire.  (I only took two, I promise!)

Thanks,
Naji

Ben Rolller