 Marketplace / Shopping / 9008
Re: Wal Mart Clearance Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Jon Palmer writes:
<snip>
They looked at me like I was a freak.  The clueless sales-droid walked over
to her manager and he told her what to do.  She told me that they could just
send it back and get a full refund on it.  I couldn't tell if she was
serious or if they were just going to throw it away and write it off.
Probably the latter.

Yeah, this is one of the more interesting items with WM. In one store, I found a
Royal Joust which was obviously missing 90% of the contents. Located one of the
toy dept clerks and pointed it out. She thanked me and put it on the bottom of
her work cart. Several weeks later I happened by that store again, guess what I
found stuffed behind another set on the full-price shelf...  yep, the same RJ.

On the other hand, at my local store, a Hogwarts Castle mysteriously reappeared
on the shelf the first week after new years. Seals were intact, then a few days
later it was gone. I figured someone had bought it. While raiding the huge
clearance pile last Saturday, I was talking to one of the clerks and mentioned
how fast the HC had sold. She told me that it had not sold, someone had broken
into it within days of putting it back out, so she had to return it. So I think
a little of both is occuring out there. Depends on who and how much effort they
are willing to put into the item. - Ray

I offered to take it back to the shelf in hopes that I
could return later and it might be at a deeper clearance and they actually
wouldn't let me take it back.  I might go back to that Wal-Mart later to see
if its still there but I doubt it will be.