 Marketplace / Shopping / 8997
Re: Wal Mart Clearance Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 03:42:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rob Hendrix writes:
I would imagine from what a local Walmart employee/inside friend told me
yesterday is that Walmart will be doing an additional markdown either Friday
or Monday.  From the prices you've given on the items in this thread, I
would bet that maybe your local store did the markdowns early or something
because my local WM stores are at higher prices than that as of yet.

   I drove through Connecticut and stopped on the way this weekend.
   Most of the stuff they had hadn't really been marked down, but I
   did score 4 7184 MTTs for $15 each (!!), thus ending my clearance
   drought with regard to that particular set (yay).

   For those in CT, the Wal-Mart to watch is on route 84, amongst the
   big mall complexes northeast of Hartford (near Vernon).  They had a
   *ton* of stuff--including loads of 1351s and a few Explosion Studios,
   and a Mos Espa besides--but it's all still less than 30% off.  That's
   sure to change in upcoming weeks, so KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.

   And if you don't, I will.  Trust me.  ;)

   best

   LFB