 Marketplace / Shopping / 9033
Re: Wal Mart Clearance Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 06:06:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jon Palmer writes:
"David Kohrman" <david.kohrman@wmich.edu> wrote in message
  I drove through Connecticut and stopped on the way this weekend.
  Most of the stuff they had hadn't really been marked down, but I
  did score 4 7184 MTTs for $15 each (!!), thus ending my clearance
  drought with regard to that particular set (yay).

Thanks for the tip!  I scored 5 MTTs today at a Michigan Walmart.  Great • parts
pack!

Must....find...cheap MTTs...

  Keep on keepin' on, man!  You never know when you might score BIG.
  Today, I grabbed 3 8008 Stormtroopers and an Americas Team Bus for
  $31 together--which just plain rocks.

  Oh, and it looks like all the NJ Wal-marts have plenty of Adidas
  buses.

  best

  LFB

To paraphrase the X-Files...  "the deals are out there" ;)

I walked into a small Wal-Mart yesterday, could not find any shelves of
clearance, then noticed this big square (pallet size) wire basket in the aisle.
It was full of toys with clearance stickers, so I started digging for this and
that and whatever I could find. Prices were OK, nothin extra special...  *then*
I noticed the signs hanging on the sides of the bin that said "Clearance Toys -
50% off the red tag price" wooHoo, got a bit of stuff, and verified that
whatever rang up on the register (regardless of the tags) would get marked 50%
off. That was better because some of the tags were at a higher price. *then* I
noticed more stuff that should have been on clearance up on the risers. "The toy
lady is out sick, she hasn't had time to pull that stuff" Oh dear, more goodies.
So had them pull some of that stuff down and found more good deals (like B-Wings
for $15 -> $7.50 and little Racers $1 -> $0.50). Alas, there were no X-wings
present. A good afternoons finds tho.

Ray