 Marketplace / Shopping / 9032
Re: Wal Mart Clearance Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 04:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Jon Palmer writes:
"David Kohrman" <david.kohrman@wmich.edu> wrote in message
  I drove through Connecticut and stopped on the way this weekend.
  Most of the stuff they had hadn't really been marked down, but I
  did score 4 7184 MTTs for $15 each (!!), thus ending my clearance
  drought with regard to that particular set (yay).

Thanks for the tip!  I scored 5 MTTs today at a Michigan Walmart.  Great • parts
pack!

Must....find...cheap MTTs...

  Keep on keepin' on, man!  You never know when you might score BIG.
  Today, I grabbed 3 8008 Stormtroopers and an Americas Team Bus for
  $31 together--which just plain rocks.

  Oh, and it looks like all the NJ Wal-marts have plenty of Adidas
  buses.

  best

  LFB

Central New York (State) is a lousy place for Lego sales.  Basically, BOGO-50
at K-mart is as good as it ever gets.  The Lego market is rather small, so
selection is limited by item and by quantity.  Since there is no overstock,
significant markdowns do not happen.

Fortunately, the lack of Target stores will soon be remedied as 2 are under
construction just now.  Wal-Mart also is reportedly planning to add numerous
stores in the area.  This makes sense since the nearest W-M distribution
center
is located right here in Central New York (just West of Utica).

I don't get many opportunities to go store hopping for Lego, but I did find 2
copies of 7184 Watto's Junkyard for 40% off at a W-M this week.  I was
somewhat
disappointed as I was secretly wishing for about 20 copies of Explosion Studio
or Spinosaurus Attack (there was a sale tag for this but no stock left).

C-Mon Target, Build those stores....Upstate New York needs cheap Lego !!!!

__Kevin Salm__