 Marketplace / Shopping / 9006
Re: Wal Mart Clearance Finds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:30:15 GMT

"David Kohrman" <david.kohrman@wmich.edu> wrote in message
news:Gr1MCG.Du3@lugnet.com...
  I drove through Connecticut and stopped on the way this weekend.
  Most of the stuff they had hadn't really been marked down, but I
  did score 4 7184 MTTs for $15 each (!!), thus ending my clearance
  drought with regard to that particular set (yay).

Thanks for the tip!  I scored 5 MTTs today at a Michigan Walmart.  Great • parts
pack!

Must....find...cheap MTTs...

You guys are hurting me.  You really are.  That has to be one of my favorite
sets *ever* for parts and you're getting them in the cart-full.  Sure I got
one at a Wal-Mart a few weeks ago for $35, but thats not until after I had
to stash it for a month or so.  Then it disappeared from its hiding spot
behind some Jack Stone sets.  Then, when I least expected it,  it
reappeared. ( I could tell it was the same box)  So I bought it.  The last
one.  For $35.

I was at another Wal-Mart and found an MTT that had been returned.  Every
piece was loose in the box.  I'm sure there were some parts missing.  But I
really wanted another. I took it up to "Customer Service" to see if they
could knock a little off of the $35 price tag.

They looked at me like I was a freak.  The clueless sales-droid walked over
to her manager and he told her what to do.  She told me that they could just
send it back and get a full refund on it.  I couldn't tell if she was
serious or if they were just going to throw it away and write it off.
Probably the latter.  I offered to take it back to the shelf in hopes that I
could return later and it might be at a deeper clearance and they actually
wouldn't let me take it back.  I might go back to that Wal-Mart later to see
if its still there but I doubt it will be.

-Jon (oh woe is me.)