 Marketplace / Shopping / 9009
Re: Tuesday Morning Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:57:11 GMT

"TWS Garrison" <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote in message
news:Pine.SOL.4.30.0202050835440.5758-100000@agnesi.math.purdue.edu...
West Lafayette, Indiana

Well, Tuesday Morning appears to be primarily an exercise in the
remarkable discounts that can be acheived when your base prices is half
again as much as MSRP.

I found:
Polar Base ($30)
Extreme Creatures ($30)
Backdrop Studio ($40)
lots of small sets---polybags like 5902, the Studios HTO sets, what looked
like Shell sets, 6579, 1354, 1355
Axe Cart ($2)
some Duplo
other even more forgettable sets

No Star Wars, no LOM, and no Castle except the Axe Cart.  The prices were
okay if you really wanted the sets, but were excessive if you were looking
for parts.  I was the first in, and left without getting anything.  There
weren't too many people there this morning, but I wasn't the only person
looking at Lego, and even at those prices they might sell out.

TWS Garrison
tgarriso@math.purdue.edu
   http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/

Based on the TM early reports last week I decided not to go stand in line
this morning.  I did stop by about 8:30 AM after they had been open for 30
minutes to see what was available.  My local TM (Cary, NC) had about the
same selection as described above.  I was going to buy about 10 of the 1271
Jungle Surprise set but there was no way I was going to wait in that line
for it.  This event was nothing like the previous TM events I  have been to
(where I have dropped at least $200 or so).  Selection was poor and the
prices stink.

Right now TM is competing with WM clearance and the Target clearance has
just passed so their prices seem really out of line.  Had they done this
sale back in December like they have in years past I imagine I would have
bought some stuff simply because I hadn't had a LEGO clearance fix in a
while.  Having picked up a bunch of Watto's Junkyard sets at Wal-Mart for
$20 the other night, everthing at TM seemed overly expensive.  Most of it
was still on the shelves, the only thing I saw in anyone's cart was the
Polar Base and  a big Duplo set.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders