 Marketplace / Shopping / 8597
Re: More Target Tubs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:42:59 GMT

I also managed to complain about the poor customer service I received, the
fact I was never told they were sold out, the ignorance of the woman on the
phone, and the other problems that I decided to complain about with
Target.com and received a $50 Gift Card for my troubles (I was able to pick
it up at my local Target) because I told them I wasn't waiting.

A $50 gift card is about the only way they'll keep my business. I only ordered 3
tubs, but am in the same situation as you.

Sorry to respond to my own post, but wanted to update. It seems everyone is now
getting the same stock response: "We're out of them, more to come in October.
You must have gotten the last <insert number received here>." When I told the
woman on the phone today that I found that hard to believe, since this had
happened to so many people, she told me I obviously had more information than
she did. But she insisted the computer notation said they had gone back to fill
my order, and found only two on the shelf. She was very polite, and apologetic,
but that didn't get me anywhere. End result: no Lego, no gift card. So I called
Target back and cancelled my Visa with them.

While I am not dumb enough, or quite mad enough, to forego shopping at Target to
take advantage of their current sale prices, they will not be the ones
benefitting from the interest charges on said purchases.

What's in MY wallet?

One less credit card.

Henry