 Marketplace / Shopping / 7346
Re: Please help me with eBay bidder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:49:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John York writes:
I bought a couple things from Australia last year and had them shipped via
surface mail. They took at least 3 months! I was freaking out as well and since
then I ship everything airmail with insurance. I had 1 insured package not
arrive from the Netherlands( I'm in the U.S., by the way! ) and still haven't
gotten that straightened out. It's been about a year and the post office is
VERY VERY slow investigating these things. It doesn't help any that they have
to communicate with another countries post office...

   I sent some items via surface post to Singapore last year; in
   fact, they were the first releases of 2000, sent to a buyer
   who really wanted to be way before everyone else in getting
   the sets.  It cost an arm and a leg and it took over three
   months to arrive!  He did contact me a few times asking if I'd
   heard anything, and I was getting worried that something bad
   had happened or I was being suckered, but they did end up
   showing up at long last.

   The trouble is that people don't want to pay for speed, but
   they feel like economy ought to still be zippy.  It's not.
   My current "record" for shipping interval is six months, but
   I do know somone (a friend who handles vintage teddy bears)
   who had something lost in the post for almost 18 months.
   May it show up long before that!

   If your buyer is not understanding and tries to leave negative
   feedback, you can probably explain it to eBay and have it
   undone, especially if your buyer subsequently receives the
   items!  It's out of your hands, so what is their ultimatum
   possibly going to do to speed it up, unless you're being
   dishonest?  The buyer is, to my mind, assuming something
   about Naji that is frankly wrong and unwarranted (from my
   own personal experience of dealing with him).

   Anyways, that's my two cents.  Hope it helps!

   best

   Lindsay