 Marketplace / Shopping / 7351
Re: Please help me with eBay bidder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 20:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Naji Norder writes:
Greetings:
The bidder would not pay ~$9 in shipping to send the parts via airmail.
While I indicated “airmail only” in the auction, I mistakenly agreed to let
him pay for surface mail – which cost about $4.  (He knew another bidder in
Japan who won one lot of small tiles, which I was able to send via airmail
for about $4, so he refused to pay more than that amount.)

Today he emailed me again.  He stated that since it has been 3 months since
the parts were shipped, if he has not received the parts in 2 weeks he will
report me to eBay.  ....

So, I ask for help.  Please help me explain that surface mail to Asia is
very slow.  If you have had things sent via surface mail, please post how
long they took to arrive.  If you can help me convince him that I haven’t
done anything wrong, please post that, too.

  I'll add another data point to this conversation.

  When I moved back from Japan, I sent 5 boxes surface mail back to the US.
The first of the boxes arrived in two weeks (Yay!), but the final straggler
took over 3 months.  This was in spite of the fact that they were all sent
on the same day, at the same time, from the same post office.

  I hope this message helps to convince your bidder to hold off for a little
while longer.

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@post.harvard.edu  Now the world speaks your language!  Chat in
Computer Science Dept.      Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese,
Stanford University, CA       English, & Italian at http://www.amikai.com!