 Marketplace / Shopping / 7342
Re: Please help me with eBay bidder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:50:29 GMT

I have received packages via surface from Singapore and Germany and can
vouch that it can take a very, very long time. I think the longest I've
had to wait is about three months as well. I have written sellers about
lost packages only to have the package show up in the next few days.

This transaction sounds like an unfortunate miscommunication. It sounds
like the buyer did not understand that the shipment could not be
tracked, and could not be replaced if lost because it was not insured. I
hope the buyer can show a little more patience. Good luck.

Cary

"Naji Norder" <n.norder@computer.org> wrote in message
Greetings:

I am having trouble with an eBay bidder, and I was hoping that some of
you
could help clarify to him that I have done nothing wrong.  He has posted
lugnet.market.shopping before, so I will hope that he will see your

I posted a large (120+) number of LEGO auctions in February.  This
bidder
won one lot, which he wished to be sent to Japan.  This lot did not sell
for
very much - around $5 - but it was composed of large LEGO pieces and
weighed
about 13 ounces (a little less than a pound) with packaging.

The bidder would not pay ~$9 in shipping to send the parts via airmail.
While I indicated "airmail only" in the auction, I mistakenly agreed to
let
him pay for surface mail - which cost about $4.  (He knew another bidder
in
Japan who won one lot of small tiles, which I was able to send via
airmail
for about $4, so he refused to pay more than that amount.)

I mailed the pieces on February 13.  I have a post office receipt with
the
shipment on it.  I also emailed the bidder that night, saying the parts
were
shipped.

He has emailed me every few weeks since then, asking where the parts
are,
and if I could track them for him.  I assume they are on a boat in the
Pacific, and I can't track them since he didn't pay for any way to track
them (if there is a way).  He also didn't pay for insurance (some of my
other bidders did), so there is really nothing that I can or will do if
they
get lost at sea.

Today he emailed me again.  He stated that since it has been 3 months
since
the parts were shipped, if he has not received the parts in 2 weeks he
will
report me to eBay.  While I'm not sure exactly what he means, I have
never
been anything but completely honest with any of my bidders and don't
want
anything negative tarnishing my reputation.  I have NOT left him
negative
feedback (or any feedback), because I do not wish for him to leave
negative
feedback against me for spite.

So, I ask for help.  Please help me explain that surface mail to Asia is
very slow.  If you have had things sent via surface mail, please post
how
long they took to arrive.  If you can help me convince him that I
haven't
done anything wrong, please post that, too.

I appreciate any help provided.

Much thanks,
Naji Norder