 Marketplace / Shopping / 7354
Re: Please help me with eBay bidder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 21:23:12 GMT

We have had packages go across the Pacific and Atlantic ocean and have been
on the receiving and sending end of lengthy shipping times. You really need
to be patient, we have been fortunate that we have never had a package get
lost, but I think some of the packages have decided to take an extended
vacation before reaching their destination. The pacific crossings do seem to
take longer ,and we live in Idaho, so the "ship" times are longer. (bigger
ocean to cross).

He probably intends to notify Ebay about your "fraud" case. I would email
Ebay and ask them what you can do as a seller. I would include a copy of all
your correspondence.

Unfortunately for the buyer, I believe that if the buyer does not want to
pay the price for the more expensive shipping, then the risk is with the
buyer. Most buyers think that it is the sellers responsibility, for this
reason many sellers refuse to ship anything except by airmail/insured
shipping. We buy a lot of stuff from Europe and we usually ship by surface
mail due to the cost savings, thus we accept the risk that the package may
become lost. I also only buy Lego from Ebay sellers with more than 50
feedbacks, I feel that I take a minimal risk that they won't actually send
the package. This method has only failed me once and in that case the guy
did send the set but it was woefully incomplete. I splurge for airmail when
I get something I value greatly.

I never panic about a set being lost in the mail unless I have sent it.

Rose

Greetings:

I am having trouble with an eBay bidder, and I was hoping that some of you
could help clarify to him that I have done nothing wrong.  He has posted • to
lugnet.market.shopping before, so I will hope that he will see your • responses.

I posted a large (120+) number of LEGO auctions in February.  This bidder
won one lot, which he wished to be sent to Japan.  This lot did not sell • for
very much - around $5 - but it was composed of large LEGO pieces and • weighed
about 13 ounces (a little less than a pound) with packaging.

The bidder would not pay ~$9 in shipping to send the parts via airmail.
While I indicated "airmail only" in the auction, I mistakenly agreed to • let
him pay for surface mail - which cost about $4.  (He knew another bidder • in
Japan who won one lot of small tiles, which I was able to send via airmail
for about $4, so he refused to pay more than that amount.)

I mailed the pieces on February 13.  I have a post office receipt with the
shipment on it.  I also emailed the bidder that night, saying the parts • were
shipped.

He has emailed me every few weeks since then, asking where the parts are,
and if I could track them for him.  I assume they are on a boat in the
Pacific, and I can't track them since he didn't pay for any way to track
them (if there is a way).  He also didn't pay for insurance (some of my
other bidders did), so there is really nothing that I can or will do if • they
get lost at sea.

Today he emailed me again.  He stated that since it has been 3 months • since
the parts were shipped, if he has not received the parts in 2 weeks he • will
report me to eBay.  While I'm not sure exactly what he means, I have never
been anything but completely honest with any of my bidders and don't want
anything negative tarnishing my reputation.  I have NOT left him negative
feedback (or any feedback), because I do not wish for him to leave • negative
feedback against me for spite.

So, I ask for help.  Please help me explain that surface mail to Asia is
very slow.  If you have had things sent via surface mail, please post how
long they took to arrive.  If you can help me convince him that I haven't
done anything wrong, please post that, too.

I appreciate any help provided.

Much thanks,
Naji Norder