 Marketplace / Shopping / 7055
Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kyle D. Jackson writes:

I got an open Exploriens Starship from Zellers for Cdn$25 I
think it was (so about US$17).  They had it "clearance" stickered
at Cdn$90, which was a joke.  Flip up the front lid and all you
could see in the box were 3 poly-bags worth of stuff.  Nobody was
going to buy it so I pitched an offer to the manager right before
closing, so I could get it for parts.  That and I feel all melancholy
when I find LEGO sets that nobody will give a good home too...,
I feel sorry for them.

Anyhow, it's been sitting in the corner for months now, but I've
just now opened it up.  I think I scored  :]  The "polybags" I
saw were actually 3 zip-lock bags stuff solid full of parts.  I
think somebody re-bagged all of the parts in the set.  No doubt
there are still some things missing, but instead of it being
over half the set, it now looks like only 5-10% of it.  Sweet!

Just had to follow up my own message here..., this is my own
personal FOTL(ifetime) so far:

I put the set together and was only missing 4 pieces!  One sticker
had already been applied, too.  For US$17 I can't complain!

I will say though that this set has some pretty week structure
on the front end...  :]

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada