 Marketplace / Shopping / 7108
Re: Question about open sets at Toys R Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:23:01 GMT

Heck, I bought a train set and it was missing polybags.  I called Lego and
they shipped all of the missing pieces to me in 5 days.  That is what I call
customer service.  Let's see the knock off brands keep up with that.

Steven

In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Heverly writes:
I bought a mindstorms robo-sports kit form best buy one day.  It
retails for $49, but it was opened and was marked down to $4.99.  90%
off!   I looked inside and it looked to me that everythign was there,
so I skarfed it up.

When I got home, i inventoried it and found that a white drive band
and an electrical lead was missing.  I called shop comsumer affairs
and told the guy on the phone the whole story, that it had been opened
and I knew I was getting a great deal even with the missing pieces,
and I'd completly understand if they didn't want to help me, but to my
suprise, he said no problem, and a week later, I got a package with
the 2 missing pieces.

I really admire the way they helped me out on that one, and with that
experience, I'd personally not be at all concerned about buying any
kit  that might be missing a few peices.  But, if it were missing a
few poly bags, I might not be so quick to buy it.

=)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 00:24:26 GMT, "Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)"