 Marketplace / Shopping / 6340
Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers -- (and KBkids, too)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 12:03:41 GMT

It sounds like my experiences so far with Airborne @home, which is what
Wal-Mart and KB often use.  They use Airborne to deliver your package to a
local Airborne receiving center, which then drops off your package at your
local post office.  The online tracking using Airborne's site/number stops
there, which is why the KB rep (using Airborne's site) could tell you it was
delivered to your post office, but nothing more.  If you want more specific
information, I would suggest calling up first Airborne (have your tracking
number ready), and if they tell you it was delivered to your post office,
call your post office, who should be able to check if they have a package
for you still being processed.  The post office is *supposed to* deliver
your package within 24 hours of their receiving it--which is their part of
the agreement with Airborne for the @home service.  But in my experience,
I've had half a dozen packages delivered to me this way, and only 3 of them
arrived on time (within 2 days of delivery to my p.o.).  Once it was
Airborne's fault (they hadn't delivered to my p.o. before confirming it
delivered).  The other 2 times, it was my post office not being able to keep
up with the holiday rush--and I live in a suburban area.

*On a side note, I also called up KB regarding a missing package and they
too jumped through hoops to replace my order in time for the holidays.  Very
impressive!  However, this was one of the delayed @home packages and it
arrived less than an hour later so I just called up KB and canceled the
replacement.