 Marketplace / Shopping / 6339
Re: Large LEGO store at Disneyland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:16:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Radtke writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Brad Hamilton writes:
My parents just went to Disneyland and said that they were preparing a large
LEGO store at Downtown Disney (The shopping center between Disneyland and
California Adventures).

Apparently, several large LEGO sculptures are already on display.   The
store isn't yet open.

Does anyone have any more information about this store?  Will it carry as
much as the shop at Legoland?

Isn't there a store like this at Disney World in Orlando?

If anyone knows any more about this, I'd appreciate the info.

Not being able to search I can't point to the whens/wherefores as they may
have appeared on LUGNET, but the announcements for new LEGO Imagination
Centers for Disneyland and Chicago (like the existing ones in Minneapolis
and Disney World) were made about the same time last year IIRC.  So, yes, it
should be part and parcel pretty much like Disney World's.  The LIC here in
MN generally has a comprehensive selection of current themes; catalog only
stuff like SCALA, the new figure packs, and non-LEGO LEGO items (shirts,
watches, etc.); and occasionally service packs and promo sets.  They had a
typical markup of 8-10% though they have been getting things (like 2001 SW)
out at MSRP lately.

Chicago opened a month or two ago already.  Don't remember when Disneyland
was slated for.

John

As an aside note, the Wal-Mart in Carlsbad CA has had much of the same stuff
as the shop in LEGOLAND.  Must have something to do with being a neighbor.
Aaron