 Marketplace / Shopping / 6338
Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Andrew Lipson writes:

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Well, after a long and frustrating bout with the US Postal Service, I
came to the conclusion that my package from Walmart.com (containing my
wife's coveted Highway Construction Set for something approaching a
reasonable price) is gone.  Where, I have no idea.  Shipped on the 16th,
delivered to the North Reading MA package center on the 21st, vanished
somewhere between there and the Lowell post office.

One of the four orders I placed with walmart.com had a similar problem.
A few days after the other three arrived I called up the help line to
find out what had happened to it and was assured that according to
their in-house tracking it had been accepted by my local post office a
few days earlier. The next day it turned up: it had been sent to
entirely
the wrong customer, in a completely different area (_not_ the same local
post office). This other walmart.com customer found the packing slip
made
out to me inside the box, and at their own expense sent the rather large
box (it was a Tie Interceptor) to me by priority mail just in time for
Christmas - which was more than decent if you ask me. I haven't bothered
to call up Walmart again to try to figure out why they thought _my_ post
office had it.

Sigh.  This is happening to me, too.  I ordered a Hwy Construction set on 14
December.  No show so far.  I called last week and they insisted it had been
sent to and received by my post office many days prior(which didn't make too
much sense.  They instructed me to wait a few more days and call back, so I
guess I'll have to go through that nonesense again tomorrow.  This is the
first time I've ever ordered anything from WalMart.  It's also the last time.

Kevan