 Marketplace / Shopping / 6327
    Thumbs up for walmart.com —Jeff Johnston
   Well, after a long and frustrating bout with the US Postal Service, I came to the conclusion that my package from Walmart.com (containing my wife's coveted Highway Construction Set for something approaching a reasonable price) is gone. Where, I have (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com —Rose Regner
     I had a similar experience that I posted about under the original thread about the Wal-Mart sale. I failed to get the TIE even though I was one of the first people to order the set, in fact all my stuff came three to fours days later than everyone (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com —Rose Regner
      r2 wrote in message ... (...) I just got an email from Wal-mart stating that my TIE shipped. This is the first online store to honor a backorder on a clearance item. From past experiience I didn't think I was going to get the TIE. Rose (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Thumbs up for walmart.com customers —Andrew Lipson
      (...) One of the four orders I placed with walmart.com had a similar problem. A few days after the other three arrived I called up the help line to find out what had happened to it and was assured that according to their in-house tracking it had (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers —Kevan Houser
     (...) Sigh. This is happening to me, too. I ordered a Hwy Construction set on 14 December. No show so far. I called last week and they insisted it had been sent to and received by my post office many days prior(which didn't make too much sense. They (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

         Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers -- (and KBkids, too) —Bianca Nebab
     It sounds like my experiences so far with Airborne @home, which is what Wal-Mart and KB often use. They use Airborne to deliver your package to a local Airborne receiving center, which then drops off your package at your local post office. The (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com) —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Well, I thought I'd post the rest of this long and sordid story. In addition to the recap above, there were three packages to me missing, also to be delivered by the US Postal Service. We'll call the Walmart Highway set order Order #1 (for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com) —Tom Stangl
   You should have kept that 8458 - they're all gone now. I'm glad I put in an order last night! They had less than 50 left for several days, I placed an order around 11pm last night, and at 5am this morning, they had 2 left. Gone now. (...) -- | Tom (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com) —Jeff Johnston
   (...) Maybe so...but I didn't have the extra money at the time, and I had already been refunded for it (well, for the Railway Express it was supposed to have been anyway). (That's not to say I wasn't tempted - but then, it would have been the same (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)