 Marketplace / Shopping / 5789
Re: New 'Studios' and 'Life on Mars' sets on the shelves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:37:57 GMT

The photos on the back of the manual are mock-ups and NOT the final boxes
(the box with ?? pcs is a big hint). The piece counts are not accurate. I
bought 7314 tonight and it has 194 pieces (according to the box).

Two of those pieces were an extra 2x2 red plate, and a double, round pin
technic connector. Since the connection mechanism for LoM uses side-by-side
pins, this must be an extra pack-in if you want to link up two parts without
pins. How thoughtful!

It also looks like the 7317 box mock-up uses the computer rendered image
from the catalog, so it probably won't be out any time soon.

The Spanish name for the set is interesting...

Robot Del Planeta Rojo

Red Planet Robot

Rob