 Marketplace / Shopping / 4688
  (canceled)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) and (...) Which, by the way, is fraud, technically. It's up to you of course whether it's a big enough fraud to not do it. Also BTW: Today's USA Today (McPaper, but hey... it's free at this hotel) tells that online retailers got fined 1.5M USD (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) Of course, this fine might have something to do with their "silent cancels." Maybe it's not as sinister as canceling orders because they realized the price was too low. Maybe they're just trying to avoid fiascos like the last holiday season. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) What, specifically, did it say they were fined for? ~Mark (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) I prolly hit fire too fast on that, sorry, the fines were for not sticking to the "ship within 30 days or crisply notify buyers" rule that the FTC has in place for all [mail/phone/inet]-order companies, and all were a result of the holiday (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) Actually, I think I could have better explained my point: When I ordered the Amazon Ancient Ruins and Countdown Corner the very afternoon that the prices were announced here on Lugnet, only to later have my order canceled, I, and probably (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com <snipped>

(...) Actually, it's only fraud if you misrepresent yourself as a different person. Just 'cause you use a different e-mail address doesn't mean you're trying to defraud a company. As long as you input your correct name and information it should all (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: MF at etoys.com <snipped>

(...) True, most people have multiple email addresses. That's one correct statement in the paragraph, anyway. Let's go to the eToys site, shall we: (URL) from that page (with some snippage of complete sentences...) Restrictions: This offer is valid (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) Some thoughts: I received everything I ordered (2 AAR, 2 CC, and 1 KLC). I have not seen any indication that they don't intend to honor their prices. My conclusion would then be that due to an inventory error in their system, people were able (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com <snipped>

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes: *** much editing (...) This is pretty clear. Either you are a first time customer or your not. Whether eToys should have some different checking mechanism that just checking the email address is up (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) Just FYI, here's the replies I have received from KBKids.com. I wanted to check the goverment sites to clarify if this "FTC rule" is valid for backordered items, as KBKids says it is. But I haven't had time to look. It still would seem that a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) It is. I suspect the problem is that (iirc) they have to give you a definite date of expected arrival if they offer you the option of waiting for a backordered item. Ran (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)