 Marketplace / Shopping / 4710
Re: MF at etoys.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:41:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Christopher Wiggenhorn writes:
Actually, I think I could have better explained my point: When I ordered
the Amazon Ancient Ruins and Countdown Corner the very afternoon that the
prices were announced here on Lugnet, only to later have my order
canceled, I, and probably others as well, believed KBKids had discovered
a pricing error and just wanted to avoid losing money.

This latest news about agreeing to fines suggests that they might now be a
bit more reluctant to keep an order on backorder status unless there's
some degree of certainty as to when the item would actually be available
to ship.  So maybe they really are out of stock and don't know when
they're getting more.

So I'm revising my opinion about the folks who canceled the orders.
They're not weasels, they're chickens.

Some thoughts:

I received everything I ordered (2 AAR, 2 CC, and 1 KLC). I have not seen any
indication that they don't intend to honor their prices. My conclusion would
then be that due to an inventory error in their system, people were able to
order beyond the quantity they had available. If the low price was a clearance
price (even though not particulalry advertised as such), I would not expect
them to honor it beyond their stock at hand.

While they may not have handled this well, I'm not sure it's reasonable to
expect a company to order more of an item that they intended to clearance just
because a programming error allowed people to order more than they had in
stock (in fact, in some clearance situations, it might even be impossible for
them to order more, though I have no reason to believe that TLC is no longer
shipping AARs and CCs).

Frank

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: MF at etoys.com

(...) Actually, I think I could have better explained my point: When I ordered the Amazon Ancient Ruins and Countdown Corner the very afternoon that the prices were announced here on Lugnet, only to later have my order canceled, I, and probably (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)