 Marketplace / Shopping / 370
Re: 1992 Polybags at Construction Site in Waltham, MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 19:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.build, ffilz@mindspring.com (Frank Filz) writes:
WOW! I'm really going to have to stop by there the next time I'm in Mass.
(fortuanately for me, most of my family is there). Perhaps a summer
vacation is in order.

Just out of curiosity, do they have much older castle or any pirate in
stock (or have they been pretty well cleaned out)?

They have the largest selection of current LEGO (including DACTA) of any
retailer in the Greater Boston area (maybe even all of New England) but
since they are so unique and popular, things don't stay on the shelves long.
The odd thing about the polybag sets was the LSI just recently shipped them
(not more than a few weeks ago).  My guess is that LSI must've found a few
boxes of them in some corner of their main warehouse or something, or dug
really deeply during the great TLG crunch of April for anything and
everything they could still ship to retailers.  In light of that, I wouldn't
be too surprised if other retailers received some of these polybags, but
OTOH I wouldn't be surprised if TCS was the only place that received any, as
they are pretty good at keeping up with anything new that LSI has to offer.

--Todd

LSI = Lego Systems, Inc. in Enfield, CT, USA
TCS = The Construction Site in Waltham, MA, USA