 Marketplace / Shopping / 362
Re: 1992 Polybags at Construction Site in Waltham, MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 01:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
http://www.constructiontoys.com

I just ordered some of the 1462 polybags (I've come to the conclusion
that it's mainly new space that sucks) - this was one of my first sets
I bought in an auction after coming out of my Dark Ages, so it's kinda
special to me.  Now I'll have a small fleet.

Mike, but I thought all space sucked!  ;-)

I spoke to a very nice man named Crispin, with whom I had exchanged a
couple of e-mail messages.  He was very polite and very helpful, and
very patient with my somewhat odd billing/shipping address request.
A+ service.

Cool, that's my experience as well whenever I visit there in person.  (We
live only about an 8-minute drive away, and since they have the largest LEGO
selection in the entire Greater Boston area, you can imagine how frequently
we go there.  :)

Did you know that they have adult play-days there from time to time (every
few months or so)?  Last August, people (about 20) came from all around the
Boston area and talked about LEGO, showed some of their creations, and
decorated & ate minifig cookies.  :)  I think they had a Mindstorms get-
together in February (I forget which month it was).

I can't imagine ever ending up in Boston (unless it's fairly close to
Orange, CT, where Rachael has family) but if I do I'm going to make
a point of stopping by and meeting the people who run this shop.

Everyone's great who works there -- and they're all great LEGO builders.
BTW, there was a house that they built out of LEGO for a feature in the
Boston Globe a couple weeks ago...  (I'll crosspost this message to the
.build group.)  Here are some photos:

   http://www.boston.com/technology/packages/click/home.shtml
   http://www.boston.com/technology/packages/click/home_graphic.shtml
   http://www.boston.com/technology/packages/click/kitchen_gallery.shtml
   http://www.boston.com/technology/packages/click/multimedia_gallery.shtml
   http://www.boston.com/technology/packages/click/garage_gallery.shtml

They currently have this house model on display in the front window of their
store, alongside a diorama of the new Star Wars LEGO sets.

Oh, if you want to order the polybags you do need to call.  More Lego
weirdness about not selling retail stuff over the web.  But the call
is worth it and the people are friendly.

Here's the number:

781-899-7900

Happy shopping!

Yeah, this isn't really their fault.  It's a LEGO policy.  They are,
however, allowed to sell DACTA directly via the web.  (DACTA is a separate
corporate sub-entity of LSI and has different rules.)

--Todd