 Marketplace / Shopping / 2216
Re: Lego Outlets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:21:59 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in article
<FoGGFy.5Ix@lugnet.com>...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford writes:
Of course, with no more LEGO Canada, it's my understanding that all of
their product will now be coming from the States.    :(  I'm not sure • if
this will adversely affect their prices or not.  I haven't had the
opportunity to get their yet this year.

Hang on a sec... LEGO Canada still exists, does it not?  There just • isn't
Canadian S@H anymore.  Or do you know something I don't?

I just checked the fine print on a new Technic set that was purchased this
month.  And it indicates the product is distributed in Canada by LEGO
Canada in Markham.  So I may have made a huge error in my statement
earlier.  Apologies are definitely in order.  I guess I made some silly
assumption that the death of S@H meant the end of all of the Canadian
operation.

So now I'm really confused.  If the product is still being shipped out of
Markham to the retail outlets, how much money are they truly saving by not
having S@H?  For my two cents, they are going to be losing money that I
might have spent through S@H.

Last year (1999) I ordered perhaps $100 - $125 from S@H Canada.  Granted
this is NOT a lot of money.  However, I just received the new S@H catalog
"In U.S. dollars".  Trust me... I will be spending exactly $0 through S@H
this year.  With the conversion to Canadian dollars (despite the lower
prices) it's simply not worth it.  In fact, I'd be paying more for any
purchase.  I wonder how many others won't order anything this year?

Sort of an off-topic rant at the end there... apologies again.

Regards,
Allan
--
Expert Builder Website - The Megaproject Showcase
http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm