 Marketplace / Shopping / 1274
Re: Tuesday Morning Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:55:45 GMT

Sam Pusch wrote in message ...
Greetings:

Please forgive my ignorance but where was this Tuesday Morning Sale????? • TRU?

Sorry to ask but I keep seeing postings about all the good deals that • people
are getting and I just wanted to know where this sale was.

Thank you for your response.

Sam

Tuesday Morning is a chain of stores that buys closeout stock from a variety
of sources and several times a year they "close for restocking".  They then
have an "opening" which is sometimes attended (mobbed?) by litterally
hundreds of people.  Inside the stores tend to look warehouse-ish, plain
concrete floor, steel shelving (from my sampling of a grand total of two
stores).  Merchandise is advertised to be 50% off or more.

There is a Tuesday Morning litterally two minutes from my house.  As I
mentioned yesterday, I didn't expect to find much and was pleasantly
surprised.  Tuesday Morning in on the web:  http://www.tuesdaymorning.com  I
also learned yesterday that they have a pretty good return policy so in the
buying frenzy it is best to throw it in your cart if you think you want it,
you can always return it later.  You do have to guard your cart though, I
heard lots of stories of people having stuff taken right out of their cart
and a woman tried to take the Pirates Perilous Pitfall I got out of my
cart - "Oh, I didn't realize this was your cart".

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh