 Marketplace / Shopping / 1249
Re: Tuesday Morning Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:
So who braved the masses besides myself?

I was late - couldn't find the place so I went to another store (the first was
in a basement)

It was a madhouse  -  all gone by the time I got checked out.
The grandpa guy in front of me had a 6281 on sale for $19.99 (argh)
I offered him $30 to let me buy it, but he refused.

I did get
a few adventurers (5909 with mummy pack) sets,
3 6244s for $4.99 each - noted they're calling this set "Sea Dog Shanty" so I
guess they're getting their sets from Europe... (didn't quite make up for the
6281)
a 6402 for $4.99
and my pony - 6404 for $3.99

Needless to say it was crazy.