 Marketplace / Shopping / 12343
Re: Pick-A-Brick Whining ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:18:35 GMT

"ondrew hartigan" <ROJ2323@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
news:IsJKJ7.1yrK@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Allister McLaren wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:
Quit yer whinin' and be grateful you even {have} pick-a-brick. I don't
even
have one in my {hemishpere}.

Well if you ask nicely, someone in the correct hemisphere may just be nice
enough to purchase PAB for you. I've been known to do it on occasion.
ondrew

It'd be nice to see PAB come to Australia, howver I have this odd feeling it
may not be as easily doable for us Aussies.  Everything has to get here one
of two ways, plane or boat.  One is expensive, but fast, and the other is
the opposite.

Then there's the battle with Customs etc.  It's pretty good of TLG to sell
sets, considering all the paperwork and regulations they need to comply with
for Australian sales.

I wonder if there could be some online form of grab-bag, I know there are
those machines in certain places where you send out a grabber arm to attempt
to grab chocolates, maybe someone could hook up a webcam to a machine that
has a load of random LEGO lying within range of the grabber arm and people
position it to get a piece or three.

It might need modification for different sized bricks, and different types
of bricks but I'm sure a grabber arm could at least have a fairly good go at
picking up a 2x2 LEGO brick!  :-)  Or perhaps a LEGO Technic digger bucket
(EG http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4700 ) could be adapted for a
bit of fun.  :-)

One last thing, to the TLG people in charge of picking element lists for the
PABs - could they please look into having Technic elements of various
assortments made available as PAB elements?  It would be fun to see some
different lengths of Technic liftarms, for example, in a PAB store, or even
for me to hear about it!

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde