 Marketplace / Shopping / 12338
Re: Pick-A-Brick Whining ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 04:29:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:
One of my frustrations with Pick-A-Brick since the beginnig is the numerous
parts which are dependent on other parts but the dependent part isn't
available. Window frames but no glass or mullions. Tires but not wheels. I
was at Tyson's last week and was thrilled to see airplane windows, train
windows, and 1x4x5 town windows. I was furstrated but not surprised to see
there there wasn't glass for any of them.  This seems to be the case with
each LEGO Store I have visited.  I have been to Anaheim, Denver, all three
in Chicago, Orlando, Bridgewater Mall in NJ, and both Virginia stores.[1]

I completely understand where you’re coming from. Pick a brick is very
frustrating. I’m still trying to figure out why they put black 4x7 car bases in
the wall. The wheels that would go on that base are wayyyyy too small for what
they would typically put in the wall. Another thing that puzzles me is why the
don’t post a "wanted" list so customers can tell the company what they want.  Or
how about a "PART OF THE MONTH" where the company picks out a special part every
month to put in the wall. It would be a great way to keep customers "guests"
returning month after month. An actively updated P.A.B. inventory online
wouldn't hurt either.

Back on the subject of parts specifically, why are basic colors like yellow,
blue, and red on the wall? You can get them in every set. The PAB wall is
supposed to be so that a kid can get a bunch of those special parts he or she
wants to make there new set more fun. This means color, weird colors, and parts
that are more interesting than basic brick. Granted basic brick has it's place,
but unless it's an unusual color kids would rather have cool parts like steering
wheels, windows, doors, slopes in colors other than red, and other strangely
shaped parts that spark creativity.

Ondrew
P.s. would it kill ya to put reddish brown bricks on the wall? I’ve been waiting
over a year now.

I was also intrigued by the whitish-clear tires so I bought a few (~30) to
fill up the top of a cup. Now my frustration. I don't have a single hub
which these tires fit on. Does anyone know the proper mating part?

As an educated LEGO enthusiast I am not surpised by incomplete part paris,
however, if I was a parent buying for my children, I would be a bit more
than annoyed.   I'd like to see LEGO improve in this area for 2006.

Mike

[1]  I travel a fair amout for work and my travels have taken me in the
vicinity of all these stores.  Our Chicago office is less than a mile from
Woodfield and our NJ office is about 5 from Bridgewater.