 Marketplace / Shopping / 12337
Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:24:58 GMT

Looks like I am in the exception. As with every year, the Target I hit up today
(2 January) had excellent pickings and bargains:

-Harry Potter boat (with bonus figures) $12.48
-Star Wars Ultimate Space Battle $12.48
-Bionicle Value Pack (10203) $12.48
-Star Wars TIE figheter $9.98
-LEGO Racers $1.94
-Ferrari Pit Stop $14.97
-Ultimate Light Saber Duel $14.97
-Wookie Attack $12.48
Plus a lot more

In short, all $50 2005 Star Wars, Bionicle value pack, and Harry Potter boat
sets were 75% off; the $30, $20, and $15 Star Wars sets were 50%, as was the
LEGO Creator shark set. LEGO Racers, including Ferrari, and Knights Kingdom
building sets (not the "action figures") is 50% off. Anniversery Buckets and
DUPLO Bob the Builder are 30% off.

I just got back, and there is only one Harry Potter boat left, but there is
still a ton, and I mean a ton, of Star Wars sets left, especially the TIE
figheters. They are scattered thoughout the toy department, not just the LEGO
section, which in fact is mostly stuffed with 2006 sets. They were wiped out of
the LEGOVille/DUPLO sets, though, outside of Bob the Builder. Nothing that is
regularly priced over $50 was on sale, sadly. The store is in Chicago, at 87th &
Cottage Groove. Many of the sets are hidden away in the side aisles, behind
other things, and many are not market as clearence (and when they are, they are
marked as 25% off usually), which is why they are still sitting on shelves.

This Target has always been good to me. Last year they had all World City at
75%, and I also scored an AT-AT that rang up as $0.00 (they charged me $20).