 Marketplace / Shopping / 12329
Re: Understocking? (Was Re: [US] Target Clearances Begin)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:54:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Colin Robert Gutierrez wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Dave Johann wrote: of snippage
   I can echo everyone else’s sentiments. The 11 Targets I’ve been to have either been picked clean or had most of what you’ve all mentioned. In addition, most Racers sets and the 4096 tubs are on clearance as well. At one store, I found a few Swanberg Specials (Millenium Falcon) for 69.98.

Here’s the oddity...those stores that had KK on clearance, only had the smallest sets on clearance. Wierd.

-Dave

ALL the stores are like this, not just Target. I think the stores stocked less due to economic concerns...the Lego aisles at Wal-Mart and KayBee were picked over two weeks before Christmas. Bleh, and I was so looking forward to actually having money for the sales this year. --Colin

Yeah, I’m guessing that everyone was tired of constantly putting LEGO on clearance, and finally ordered less this year. It is kind of strange that the shrinkage has been so consistent over different retailers.

Or maybe TLC is paying for less shelf space this year, and retailers are drawing down their stock for the smaller space? Maybe the recent job cuts have reduced TLC’s manufacturing capacity?

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations