 Marketplace / Shopping / 12336
Re: Pick-A-Brick Whining ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:09:04 GMT

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Mike Walsh wrote:

One of my frustrations with Pick-A-Brick since the beginnig is the numerous
parts which are dependent on other parts but the dependent part isn't
available. Window frames but no glass or mullions. Tires but not wheels. I
was at Tyson's last week and was thrilled to see airplane windows, train
windows, and 1x4x5 town windows. I was furstrated but not surprised to see
there there wasn't glass for any of them.  This seems to be the case with
each LEGO Store I have visited.  I have been to Anaheim, Denver, all three
in Chicago, Orlando, Bridgewater Mall in NJ, and both Virginia stores.[1]

FWIW, the Bellevue store has been pretty good about this---it has had
1x4x3 town windows in stock at the same time as glass for them and
(unfortunately green) shutters.  Flowers and flower stems try to keep up
with each other (that can't be easy, when a pack of ravenous SEALUGgers
descends upon the store and says "Hey, dkpink flowers!  I need a few
cups!").

The small train windows, plane windows, and the 1x4x5 windows, though,
have been conspicuous for being without glass. . .glass would definitely
be appreciated.

I was also intrigued by the whitish-clear tires so I bought a few (~30) to
fill up the top of a cup. Now my frustration. I don't have a single hub
which these tires fit on. Does anyone know the proper mating part?

I assume that those are
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/51011
The hub for those is
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42610
found mostly in Jack Stone and Orient Expedition sets (and the odd Star
Wars set).  In the Basketball sets in which the tire appeared in
TrLuWhite they were used as bumpers, so no hubs there.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/