 Marketplace / Shopping / 12339
Re: Pick-A-Brick Whining ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 06:45:11 GMT

Back on the subject of parts specifically, why are basic colors like
yellow, blue, and red on the wall? You can get them in every set. The
PAB wall is
supposed to be so that a kid can get a bunch of those special parts he
or she
wants to make there new set more fun. This means color, weird colors,
and parts
that are more interesting than basic brick. ....

  Yeah, I agree with you, but then again non-AFOLs are the largest
audience, and they can be an odd bunch.

  Before Christmas I took a co-worker to a PAB specifically because he
wanted to get "girly" colors for his very girly-girl daughter.  So I
assumed he would get a cup full of pink, purple, teal, etc., but when
he'd finished his cup it was mostly regular blues, reds, and yellows,
with just a layer of special colors on top.  When I asked him why he did
that, he said that those colors seemed more versitile.  I had to show
him that it was more cost-effective to get those colors through regular
buckets, and then after much coaching he went back and filled the cup
with all special colors.

  He might be an exception, but it did make me think that maybe those
regular colors are there for a reason.  Maybe they sell better than we
think...

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@post.harvard.edu      "Because, of course, a man with an
flournoy@yahoo-inc.com          obsession is a man who has very little