 Marketplace / Shopping / 12341
Re: Pick-A-Brick Whining ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:11:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:
   One of my frustrations with Pick-A-Brick since the beginnig is the numerous parts which are dependent on other parts but the dependent part isn’t available. Window frames but no glass or mullions. Tires but not wheels. I was at Tyson’s last week and was thrilled to see airplane windows, train windows, and 1x4x5 town windows. I was furstrated but not surprised to see there there wasn’t glass for any of them. This seems to be the case with each LEGO Store I have visited. I have been to Anaheim, Denver, all three in Chicago, Orlando, Bridgewater Mall in NJ, and both Virginia stores.1

I was also intrigued by the whitish-clear tires so I bought a few (~30) to fill up the top of a cup. Now my frustration. I don’t have a single hub which these tires fit on. Does anyone know the proper mating part?

As an educated LEGO enthusiast I am not surpised by incomplete part paris, however, if I was a parent buying for my children, I would be a bit more than annoyed. I’d like to see LEGO improve in this area for 2006.

Mike

1 I travel a fair amout for work and my travels have taken me in the vicinity of all these stores. Our Chicago office is less than a mile from Woodfield and our NJ office is about 5 from Bridgewater.

Quit yer whinin’ and be grateful you even have pick-a-brick. I don’t even have one in my hemishpere.

Well if you ask nicely, someone in the correct hemisphere may just be nice enough to purchase PAB for you. I’ve been known to do it on occasion. ondrew