 Marketplace / Shopping / 11396
Re: Schaumburg, IL LEGO store P.A.B. inventory (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:06:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:

I can see taking the time to pack one or two cups, particularly if you have
the time to do so.

If you are going to buy a large number of cups and will then be transporting
your loot with you as baggage, I would recommend taking a supply of gallon
zip lock bags with you.  The plastic cups themselves take a lot of space.
After leaving the store I purchased a box of zip lock bags and picked up an
empty copy paper box from our office.  I emptied all of the cups into zip
lock bags and then packed them in the copy paper box.  I got all 13 (it may
have been more now that I think about it) in the box and was able to keep a
few of the LEGO PaB cups as well.  The rest of the cups went in the trash as
I had no way to get them home and I'm not sure what I'd do with them if I
did.

Mike

It's a shame about those cups, not criticizing you Mike, just saying it's a
shame in general the cups get tossed. Lego should offer a discount on future
purchases if we re-use the cups. Maybe .50 off the small cups and $1.00 off the
large ones.

Or put a hole in the lid and design a Lego straw so we can drink out of them.

Or better yet, like mentioned, fill one cup and sell equivalent weights in
baggies.

The cups are pretty heavy duty, imo. I think they may be strong enough to
survive being washed in the dishwasher.

Julie