 Marketplace / Shopping / 11258
Re: Schaumburg, IL LEGO store P.A.B. inventory (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:25:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:

"ondrew hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

Yes tax is added for Illinois residents only. I believe it's 8.25% but I will
have to check in the morning. I will get you an answer hopefully before 2pm.
OnDrew

Does this mean as a visitor I can ask for the sales tax to be waived or does
it only apply to orders placed by phone and shipped to an out of state
address?

Mike

NO if your in the store your reqired to pay the local taxes.
sorry
ondrew

This morning I was helped by a very nice lady, but if I understood correctly,
she did add sales tax to my phone order to out-of-state....?!

BTW, I'll be stopping by in the store I hope on April 16 (If local
transportation from O'Hare is possible, or if someone is interested in
meeting/transporting me (for a fee)), I'll be in the area, make sure you're well
stocked....

Paul