 Marketplace / Shopping / 11262
Re: Schaumburg, IL LEGO store P.A.B. inventory (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:39:04 GMT

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

BTW, I'll be stopping by in the store I hope on April 16 (If local
transportation from O'Hare is possible, or if someone is interested in
meeting/transporting me (for a fee)), I'll be in the area, make sure • you're well
stocked....

Paul

Drive time from O'Hare to the Woodfield store is highly dependent on the
time of day you are making the trek.  Someone from the area would probably
be a better source but I'd be surprised if you could do the entire
turn-around in less than two hours (best case) and have any meaningful
amount of time in the store.

From the Hertz lot at O'Hare it usually takes me 20-30 minutes to get to our
office in Schaumburg (which is conveniently adjacent to Woodfield Mall).  I
usually do this early in the morning, about 8:00 AM local time.  Heading
back to O'Hare in the afternoon typically takes longer than going out.  I
usually head back in the afternoon or evening, sometime after 4:00.  The
last time I was there I went back to O'Hare late, around 9:00 (my flight had
been canceled so I was not in any hurry) and it didn't take long at all,
about 20 minutes back to the Hertz lot.

I have no idea if there is public transportation available, if there is, I
don't think it is conventient or else I'd have probably used it by now.
Renting a car is a pain but it is cheaper than a taxi.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com