 Marketplace / Shipping / *327 (-20)
  Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <003b01c08870$56e77d...efault>... (...) I don't know where you and Rich are getting your padded envelopes, Scott. I use padded envelopes for anything thin enough to go lettermail (under 20mm thick) and they cost me (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shippingcosts from Germany

Ralph Döring <doe@gmx.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: Fz0uDB.Gr@lugnet.com... (...) You are plain wrong here: "Big Parcels are automatically insured up to a value of 1000,-DM / US$ 500. You´ll also get a receipt at the post office, that confirms the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!

(Trying to redirect it to the proper group!) (...) Now, now, Adam! ; ) (...) worried (...) It is a legitimate concern, especially when you are dealing with other governmental entities. (...) the (...) Well, I charge flat rate shipping, because I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.general)

  Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!

(...) The reason I sometimes add on extra $$$ to the shipping total is because if the supplies. In the US we get Priority boxes free from the PO. However when we ship internationally we must buy our own supplies. For example, that padded envelope (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!

(...) Ugh! Those forms!!! So many times (when I *was* selling internationally), I'd be asked to put "gift" and value of $20 on $60 order. I did it, but hated it, and generally felt pretty icky about doing it. I ditto the points Dan, Maggie and Mark (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 'Will ship to United States only - Oi!

Ronan & All, (...) Well, I am fed up with many things as well, it is understandable, but there are reasons for this. (...) This is on the borderline of good taste, and I think if you want people to consider shipping to other places than just the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: eToys shipping rates - Note the Maximum!

(...) Yes, my last order (not shipped yet) had a shipping fee of $113. BEN (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: eToys shipping rates - Note the Maximum!

Is Brickwise working? It seems to always have wrong prices in it. Did you ever figure out a way to put the date/time of the last update on the Brickwise pages? And by the way: There seems to be no more max shipping at eToys. My shipping cost was $46 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com)

(...) Maybe so...but I didn't have the extra money at the time, and I had already been refunded for it (well, for the Railway Express it was supposed to have been anyway). (That's not to say I wasn't tempted - but then, it would have been the same (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com)

You should have kept that 8458 - they're all gone now. I'm glad I put in an order last night! They had less than 50 left for several days, I placed an order around 11pm last night, and at 5am this morning, they had 2 left. Gone now. (...) -- | Tom (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Thumbs up II: The Revenge (LONG - was Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com)

(...) Well, I thought I'd post the rest of this long and sordid story. In addition to the recap above, there were three packages to me missing, also to be delivered by the US Postal Service. We'll call the Walmart Highway set order Order #1 (for (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping)

  RE: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers -- (and KBkids, too)

To track it at the post office - Wal-Mart only Remove the first 2 0's of airbornes tracking # and put an H in front of the number. This "new" will work at USPS's web site Thanx, Mark Millére LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millére's Spares (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Thumbs up for walmart.com customers -- (and KBkids, too)

(...) That North Reading facility is the Boston area sorting facility, so it makes sense that that's where Airborne would deliver it. (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  How much can I carry in my luggage to Germany?

OK, this is only sort of a shipping question, but this seems like a moderately reasonable place to put it so I will. I'm going to Germany in a few weeks and hope to hook up with some AFOL's/ELF's over there (ELF=Erwachsene Lego-Fan, same as (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: No More Small Packet Shipping Option!

(...) True, I sent out a small package to Ireland the first day after the changeover, and it took the lady (who had worked at the post office for 23 years) 15 minutes to figure out what to send it as. She quoted me different prices, from $16 to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping Costs in Canada are nuts!

(...) You are right of course... but not in Canada Post's eyes. They have three categories of destination: Canada, US and International. This is where Bryan's statement was coming from (I assume). He is unfortunately correct. Look at the following: (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: No More Small Packet Shipping Option!

(...) I just did a check at (URL) This one is the replacement for small packet air "Global Airmail Letter Post 4 - 7 Days $7.55 Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"". Note that they call it letter, but it has the same dimensional (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping Costs in Canada are nuts!

(...) Um, the US (from Canada) *is* an international destination! (until we complete the formal annexation, that is). ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: No More Small Packet Shipping Option!

(...) It is cheaper to use it to send a packge to Canada, however try sending one to a German home address. $46.00 for a 2 pound package with dimentions 6x4x3. I just hope that the option that was earlier mentioned is acceptable for sending parcel. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: No More Small Packet Shipping Option!

(...) What about sending it UPS Canada? Here are the results of a test I did using the UPS rate finder... sending a light package from California to Toronto, Canada. The details are below. - Jeff p.s. no laughing at the zip code I chose... my wife (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact