 Marketplace / Shipping / 326
Re: Shippingcosts from Germany
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:39:40 GMT

Ralph Döring <doe@gmx.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: Fz0uDB.Gr@lugnet.com...
Hello,

for all of you who want to get Legos sent from Germany to
Australia/Canada/Europe/USA/Japan I have put up a webpage at
http://www.doe2.de/lego/post/shippingcosts.html which shows the prices for
seamail and airmail shipping via German Post AG for different weigths.

If there is/are anyone who would like to do that for shipping costs from other
countries we could put up a general information site. This could be very
useful for international buying and selling. I will include my experience with
german customs to my site in the future. Any suggestions are welcome.

You are plain wrong here:

"Big Parcels are automatically insured up to a value of 1000,-DM / US$ 500. You´ll also get a receipt at the post office, that
confirms the shipping of the parcel with address, size, value and date."

In Germany parcels to the U.S. and Canada are NOT automatically insured! When you will study your yellow shipping fee  booklet, you
will discover a short note that says: "Insurance differs from country to country and may not be included. For details ask the staff
at your next post office". Well, go ahead and do ask - they will tell you that no parcel to the U.S. and Canada is automatically
insured! You have to file an additional insurance ($4.50). Insurance to small parcels is not possible at all.

Arnold